Business/tourist visa in the USA

USA Business visa
USA Business visa

At a glance

Suppose you want to temporarily travel to the United States for business, leisure, or medical reasons. You will need a B-1 / B-2 visa because the B-1 visa is for travelers who want to discuss business, travel for educational work, or are any business. B-2 tickets for those traveling who want to do recreational work, such as traveling, visiting friends or relatives, or doing medical or social work. 

What are the qualifications?

If you want to apply for a B-1 / B-2 visa, you must show the consular officer that you are eligible for a U.S. visa under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Due to this, you are presumed under section 214 (b) of the INA that you want to be an applicant immigrant. You need to prove this legal assumption by showing the following:

(1) Your trip to the United States is to travel to the United States for a temporary period, for business, recreational or medical reasons.

(2) You have planned to stay in the United States for a fixed and limited period, and you will return as soon as you have finished your work.

(3) You must be able to afford the costs of living in the United States, and you must have proof of that.

(4) You must prove that you have citizenship outside the United States and other social and economic ties that ensure you leave the United States at the end of your journey.

You must follow these rules to get a B-1 / B-2 visa.

What are the requirements for business and tourist visa applications?

USA tourist visa
USA tourist visa

If you want to apply for a business/tourist visa, you need to submit the following:

(1) An non-immigrant visa electronic application form (DS-160).

(2) You must have a valid passport to travel to the United States, which must last at least six months behind your planned travel time to the United States. If your passport contains more than one person, each visa applicant must apply and have a valid passport.

(3) Must have a (1) photo taken in the last six months 2″ x2″ (5 cm x 5 cm).

(4) You must have a receipt for the fee you paid for your non-immigrant visa.

(5) If you are granted a visa, you may have to pay an additional visa issuance value depending on your nationality.

Find out if you need to pay the Visa Issue Receipt:: The Department of States webpage can help you.

How to apply?

Step (1)

Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).

Step (2)

The Visa application fee must be paid.

Step 3

If all bears well, a date will be set for your interview. You may need the following information that day so take it with you.

(1) Your passport number

(2) The number obtained from the receipt of your visa fee

(3) Barcode number of ten (10) numbers mentioned on the DS-160 verification page.

Step 4

See the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. On that day, you must bring all the old passports, including a printed copy of your interview letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, a photograph taken in the last six months, and your current passport. Applications without all these materials will not be accepted. So bring all the papers with you.

Some helpful documents for business and tourist visas.

helpful documents
helpful documents

The supporting documents are just one of the many things the Consular Officer will consider during the interview. Each application is considered individually and legally.


Don’t forget to provide fake documents. Be aware that you may be permanently disqualified for a visa due to fraud or misinformation. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate choice not to disclose this information to anyone and will protect the data’s confidentiality.

You will require to bring the following papers to the interview.

USA tourist visa
USA tourist visa

(1) Original documents will always take precedence over photocopies, and you will need to get these papers with you when you reach the discussion.

(2) Make sure that you do not bring any sealed documents at the time of the interview.

(3) Do not fax, email, or mail any supporting documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

(4) Bring current evidence of income, tax payment, residence or business ownership, or property.

(5) Bring your travel itinerary and other analysis of your planned journey with you.

(6) Bring a letter from where you are currently working; bring a letter about your position, earnings, and how long you have been employed.

(7) If you have an official purpose for traveling to the United States, bring the reasons mentioned.

(8) If you have been arrested or convicted at some point in your life or completed your sentence, bring a copy of it.

Relying on the purpose of your trip, you will need to bring the following information:

(1) Students

Bring your recent school results, marks, and degrees. Also, bring proof of financial strength, such as a monthly bank statement, fixed deposit slips, etc.

(2) Working adult/employee

Bring a letter of appointment and proof of salary for the last three months from your employer.

(3) Traders and directors of the company

Bring proof of your position and earnings to the company you work for

(4) Meeting relatives

Bring a copy of proof of your relative’s status (e.g., green card, naturalization certificate, valid visa, etc.).

(5) Those who have previously traveled to the United States

If you have been to the United States before, bring all those documents.

U.S. Student Visa

1 thought on “Business/tourist visa in the USA”

Leave a Comment